The annual rate of the Export Price Index (IPRIX) is –2.8% in the month of June, six tenths above that registered in May. By economic destination of goods, the industrial sectors with the greatest influence on this increase are:
- Energy, with a rate of –21.1%, six and a half points higher than last month, due to the increase in the prices of oil refining and the production, transport and distribution of electrical energy, higher this month than that registered last year.
- Intermediate goods, which has a rate of –3.2%, six tenths higher than that of May. This evolution highlights the rise in the prices of the Manufacture of basic products of iron, steel and ferroalloys and the Production of precious metals and other non-ferrous metals, compared to the decrease of June 2015.
- Non-durable consumer goods, which increases its annual variation by three tenths to –0.4%, mainly as a result of the increase in the prices of meat processing and preservation and meat products processing, which remained stable in the same month of the previous year.
By economic destination of the goods
The industrial sectors with the highest positive monthly impact on the overall index are:
- Energy, which places its rate at 15.7%, due to the rise in the prices of the Production, transport and distribution of electrical energy and, to a lesser extent, of oil refining. The impact of this sector on the overall index is 0.682.
- Intermediate goods, with a variation of 0.4% that has an impact of 0.169. Highlights in this evolution is the increase in the prices of the Manufacture of basic products of iron, steel and ferroalloys and the Production of precious metals and other non-ferrous metals.
- Non-durable consumer goods, which has a monthly rate of 0.5% and an impact of 0.089, mainly as a result of the increase in prices of meat processing and preservation and processing of meat products. For its part, the only industrial sector with a negative monthly impact is:
- Capital goods, with a rate of –0.1%, mostly a consequence of the fall in the prices of the Manufacture of motor vehicles. Its impact on the overall IPRIX is –0.021.
Annual evolution of industrial prices, adding internal and external market
The Industrial Price Index of the domestic and foreign market, which is obtained as an aggregation of the IPRI and the IPRIX, presents an annual rate of –4.1% in June, eight tenths higher than that registered in May. On the other hand, the annual rate of change of the general index without Energy is –1.1%, which is three points above that of the general IPRI+IPRIX.