The realization of
contracts for people with disabilities
presents a series of social benefits that help the employer and encourage the integration of people with certain disabilities but who are fully qualified to work.
With a growth of 16.4% in the hiring of people with disabilities in 2017, State aid for the labor integration of this group is an important incentive if you have a company.
In this article we make an approximation to all the social bonuses that you can benefit from if you decide to hire workers with disabilities.
Legislation on contracts for persons with disabilities
Royal Legislative Decree 1/2013, of 29 November, approved the Revised Text of the General Law on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and their social inclusion.
This regulation establishes the obligation to reserve 2% of the jobs of a company to disabled people, providedthat said company has more than 50 workers.
However, their hiring always implies the enjoyment of social benefits and, in addition, the promotion of the labor inclusion of these people.
Advantages and social benefits of these contracts
The first advantage you will have if you decide to hire people with disabilities is that you will have preference when participating in the award of public sector contracts.
If you meet the reservation of 2% of jobs for the disabled, you will get points in your favor when applying for any public contract.
Bonuses in the Social Security quota
Secondly, when making contracts for people with disabilities, you will have bonuses in the payment of the Social Security contribution.
1. Full-time indefinite employment contract
The company will receive the following bonuses depending on the degree of disability and the type of disability:
- 4,500 euros per year for each person hired who has a 33% disability or higher.
- 5,100 euros per year for each person hired who has cerebral palsy, mental illness or intellectual disability to a degree that exceeds 33% of disability.
- 5,100 euros per year for each person you hire who has a physical or sensory disability equal to or greater than 65%.
Consequently, these amounts may be increased in the following cases:
- If you hire people over 45 years old,the previous amount will be increased by 1,200 euros per year.
- If you hire women,the amount will increase by 850 euros per year.
It should be noted that the above increases are not cumulative,but the highest will be charged in case the two circumstances occur.
2. Temporary full-time contract
In this case, the company can obtain:
- 3,500 euros per year for each person hired with a disability equal to or greater than 33%.
- 4,100 euros per year for each person hired who has cerebral palsy, mental illness and intellectual disability that means a disability equal to or greater than 33%.
- 4,100 euros per year for each person who has a physical or sensory disability greater than 65%.
These amounts increase by 600 euros if the people hired are over 45 years old or women. In this case, both benefits can accrue.
In the event that an indefinite full-time contract is carried out or a temporary one becomes a full-time indefinite one, you will receive 3,907 euros of subsidy.
4. Adaptation of the workplace
Also, if it is necessary to adapt the job for the worker with disabilities, the company receives a subsidy of 901.52 euros.
5. Deduction in Corporation Tax
In the Corporation Tax the company will benefit from a deduction of up to 12,000 euros in the fee, depending on the degree of disability of the person hired. This may be done only once, applying the deduction for each person who increases the workforce.
6. Interim contract
Finally, to the conclusion of interim contracts to replace temporary disability leaves of workers with disabilities, during the time that the situation persists, the bonus of 100% of the business quotas will be applied.
Other advantages of contracts for people with disabilities
As you have seen, hiring disabled people can be a profitable option for your company, since the social benefits are very interesting; but also you will be giving the opportunity to work to a talented and motivated person to develop their professional future; also enhancing their integration into society.
If you have any questions about this type of contract you can contact our labor advisory team, so that we can give you advice on all the requirements and conditions.